7-1-1 or 1-877-826-6607
Speech to Speech (STS) allows persons with a speech disability to voice for themselves. A specially trained relay operator repeats the words to the other party. You do not need special equipment to use this service.
For more useful information and resources, go to www.sprintsts.com.
NEW: Speech-to-Speech Email Call Set Up
The Email Call Set Up feature allows STS users to send an email message to Relay Texas STS at least two hours before the call.
To use this feature, send an email to Relay Texas STS.
- Instructions for the call and STS user’s phone number or customer profile User ID and Password
- A confirmation email is sent back to the STS user confirming that Relay Texas STS is prepared for the call.
- The STS user calls 1-877-826-6607.
- Once connected, the STS user informs the STS relay operator to use the “Email Call Set Up” instructions.
- The relay operator will review the emailed instructions and connect the call.
Speech to Speech Retained Messages
The Relay Texas STS retained message feature allows the relay agent to record and retain messages for the STS user for 24 hours. This feature supports the STS user when reaching a busy signal or voicemail is not available. The STS user has 24 hours to contact an STS relay agent to request a redial and/or leave a recorded message. The 24-hour time frame begins at the end of the last unsuccessful call attempt.
Speech to Speech Contact Information
No more missed calls because someone doesn’t know when and where to reach you!
Registering your contact information is an easy way to inform people who call you about when and where to reach you.
To register contact locations, phone numbers, and the days and hours you can be reached at each location, call STS Customer Service (1-877-787-1989) and choose a password that you can give to individuals who call you. You can register home, work, and weekend getaway contact information. Those who want to call you just dial the Relay Texas STS number (1-877-826-6607) and give the relay operator your name and password. The relay operator will look up your contact information and hours of availability and connect the call.
Sprint Wireless Access
Do you want to connect with a STS relay operator using your Sprint wireless phone? It’s quick and easy, just dial *STS (*787) from any Sprint phone; friends and family can also use this number to call you.
Speech-to-Speech Customer Service
Customer service representatives provide information about Speech-to-Speech services, customer profiles, and other Sprint Relay features designed to specifically support STS customers and their callers. STS customer service (1-877-787-1989) is dedicated to quick and easy access to Sprint support. All Sprint TRS Customer Service calls are answered by a customer service representative 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Calls to the STS customer service line will be answered by a proficient STS relay operator who remains on the line throughout the call to support re-voicing requests.
Step-by-Step Instructions to set up STS Email
- Click "Email Call Set Up"
- The STS user must fill out an on-line form at least two hours before the call in order to send a message to the Relay Texas STS relay operator.
- Please make sure to provide your phone number or customer profile User ID and password along with instructions in the online form.
- Important Note: The message will be saved for up to 24 hours.
- The STS user will receive a confirmation after the Relay Texas STS relay operator has received the email call set up form.
- To place the call, the STS user dials the Relay Texas STS number (1-877-826-6607) and tells the Relay Texas STS relay operator to use the Email Call Set Up form. The STS user may provide either their phone number or customer profile User ID to the Relay Texas STS relay operator.
- The Relay Texas STS relay operator reviews the emailed instructions and promptly connects the call using the information provided.
- The STS User speaks to both the Relay Texas STS relay operator and the standard phone user.
- The Relay Texas STS relay operator repeats the STS user’s conversation to the standard phone user (when required).
- The standard phone user listens to the Relay Texas STS relay operator and responds directly to the STS user.
What kind of information should I include?
To ensure that Sprint has the right call information, you must provide either your customer profile information or the phone number you’ll be calling from. You may also include:
- The number you want to call
- The name of the person you are calling
- Specific announcements you’d like the STS relay operator to make (e.g. “This is John calling to check on my puppy.”)
- Details about the subject of the call, call handling preferences, or anything that you think might make the call easier
Can I use this feature to request a specific STS relay operator?
No, we cannot accept requests for specific relay operators.
Can the STS relay operator make calls or leave messages for me without me calling in?
Federal and state regulations require that we help in real time; therefore, we cannot make calls for you, unless you are on the phone.
STS relay operators can leave messages on answering machines for you. If you want to leave a message, you must call the STS relay operator and be on the line when the call is completed.
Can I make a reservation for a STS call?
No, all calls are answered on a first-come, first served basis.
Is this information confidential?
Yes, the information in your Call Set Up Email will be used only to assist you in processing calls. This information is automatically deleted after 24 hours of being entered.
When a person prepares the email and has several different items can the user prompt the STS relay operator to voice those items when applicable beyond just the prepared greeting?
Yes. The STS user can include items such as account numbers or prescription numbers and prompt the agent to voice the information and phone user listens to the Relay Texas STS relay operator and responds directly to the STS user.
What is the difference between Household Profile and Customer Profile?
Household Profile (Phone Number)
- A Household Profile is strictly tied to a phone number. Information entered into a Household Profile can be accessed when the call is placed from the phone number associated with the Household Profile. The STS user must include in the email the Household Profile area code and phone number from where the call will be placed.
Customer Profile (User Name and Password)
- The Customer Profile is not linked to a phone number but is strictly tied to an established User Name and Password. STS users who wish to establish a unique personal profile must first contact Customer Service to establish a User Name and Password.
- The Customer Profile separates the STS user from the household so they can use information within the Customer Profile from any location and are not tied to a single phone number. This provides additional freedom and convenience for the STS user. The STS user must include the User Name and Password if they wish Customer Service to enter the call set up information in their Customer Profile option. The STS user must provide the STS relay operator their User Name and Password. The STS user who cannot provide the user name and password will need to contact customer service for assistance.