RCC service is available:
- 8:00 am - 8:00 pm, Monday - Friday (local time zone)
- 8:00 am - 2:00 pm, Saturday (local time zone)
One RCC reservation allows multiple users to join the same link and read captions of your event (conference call, video meeting or webinar).
The minimum system requirements to use RCC service are:
- A high-speed Internet connection
- Microsoft Windows 10 or newer, or OS X
Scheduling an RCC Event
Reserve RCC at least five business days in advance.
We will make our best effort to cover events requested with less than 5 business days advance notice.
- To request RCC, complete the PDF form here
Submit the form to the Texas Public Utilities Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Texas PUC will review and approve all requests.
Once approved by the Texas PUC, you will get an e-mail confirmation with an RCC link.
The Conference Call Process with RCC
- Approximately 10 minutes prior to the event, the captioner will join the web conference or audio bridge and be ready to caption.
- When you are ready to join your event, click on the RCC link in your confirmation email.
- Begin reading the captions.
- To speak directly to the other attendees during the event, join the audio bridge. Otherwise, use the “Message Captioner” text box on the bottom of the RCC screen.
For the most efficient captioning, please submit information such as names of attendees, agenda, speaker notes and PowerPoints by replying to your RCC confirmation email prior to your scheduled conference call or webinar.
Relay Conference Captioning service is available free of charge to individuals who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing, or have a Speech Disability and live or work in Texas. If you have a home or work phone number with a verified Texas area code and prefix, you are eligible to use this service.